We are looking for a Stock Controller to focus on current inventory and stock availability. You'll be good with systems, able to work with data to problem solve in order to minimise the impact of stock outs on customer orders and proactively identify issues with availability on core volume stock lines and look to minimise out of stock issues. You'll also work closely with customer service to re-allocate stock to improve availability.
This is a key role during our peak "back to school" period and we are looking for someone to join the team in the next few weeks!
What you'll be doing
- Improving core stock availability.
- Identify stock lines where availability may be at risk.
- Look at options to re-allocate stock against orders.
- Liaising with customer service regarding movement of orders.
- Ensuring the correct sales orders are allocated to the correct purchase orders.
- Fix any negative availability to allow goods to be despatched.
- Highlight areas where core stock lines may become an issue for future availability.
The ideal Stock Controller will be
- experienced in administration - experience in a similar role would be desirable
- an excellent communicator
- customer focused
- ready to get stuck in and support the team
- meticulous for getting things right first time
- experienced with Microsoft office
- used to working in a customer and service focussed business
- good with numbers with high level of numerate accuracy
- qualified in Maths and English to at least B Grade GCSE level or equivalent
- salary dependant on experience
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- On-site parking
- On-site Pilates
- Annual bonus
- Staff discount on school uniform